Monday 20 April 2009

Successful Big Swim

My online fundraising total
As tweeted throughout the event, I completed my sponsored swim on Friday April 17th. I swam 100 lengths of the pool at Green’s Gym in Shipley - 70 in the morning and the remaining 30 after lunch. It took about three and a half hours in all, so the challenge was as much mental as physical, thinking of each length at a time rather than the tens of lengths ahead. So far I have raised just over £500 (About £200 worth of sponsors were in person rather than online) - a very pleasing total - many thanks to all my sponsors. Thanks also to the staff at Green’s for being so encouraging (and for giving me a mention on their website), and all members who chipped in with a contribution. There is still time to sponsor me on my page at the Swimathon website.

No comments: